Human-Computer Interaction IV: Evaluation, Agile Methods & Beyond
- Complete your understand of the design life cycle by learning to take interface ideas, prototype them quickly, and evaluate them with real u... mehr...
Complete your understand of the design life cycle by learning to take interface ideas, prototype them quickly, and evaluate them with real users. Finally, tie principles and methods together and learn the next steps you could take in HCI.weniger
Hier kannst du der Eggheads Community deine Fragen zu diesem Kurs stellen. Auch Kursleiter können mitdiskutieren.
Du must angemeldet sein um zu antworten
- This course takes you through the last nine lessons of CS6750: Human-Computer Interaction as taught in the Georgia Tech Online Master of Science in Computer Science program. In this final course in the professional certificate, youâll complete your understanding of the design life cycle, and learn about the modern relevance of human-computer interaction. Youâll begin by learning about evaluation. This is the critical final step of the design life cycle, where we put our prototypes in front of real users (or strong approximations thereof) to get feedback on their quality. Youâll learn about three methods for evaluation: first, qualitative evaluation lets you get direct feedback on the strengths and weaknesses of your interface from real users. Second, quantitative evaluation lets you make strong claims about the effectiveness of your interface or the validity of your theories of interaction. Third, heuristic evaluation lets you inject evaluation much more completely into the design process, persistently putting yourself into the mindset of a user to investigate an interface. Then, youâll learn how human-computer interaction relates to a modern trend in software development, Agile design. HCI and Agile development have a deep symbiosis in the way they each value rapid feedback. Moreover, modern technologies have allowed high-fidelity prototypes to be developed with the relative ease of low-fidelity prototypes in the past, allowing even better feedback and evaluation to come in throughout the design process. After wrapping up your understanding of the design life cycle and its iterative nature, youâll turn your attention to a deeper dive into the modern state of human-computer interaction. Youâll have the chance to explore cutting-edge research in HCI, from technologies like extended reality to domains like cybersecurity to ideas like gesture-based interaction. HCI is a dynamic and evolving field, and any education it would not be complete without a chance to look at whatâs happening today. Finally, youâll conclude by looking at how far youâve come and what you could do next. From other MOOCs to graduate degrees in the field, there are enormous possibilities for further studies in HCI. By the end of this course, youâll have an understanding of the importance of evaluation in the design life cycle, as well as an understanding of where HCI sits in modern development and research.
- USD 99
- Nächste Durchführungsdaten
- 16. August 2021-16. August 2022
- 16. August 2022-16. August 2023
- 16. August 2023-16. August 2024