Introduction to Applied Linguistics and TESOL
Hier kannst du der Eggheads Community deine Fragen zu diesem Kurs stellen. Auch Kursleiter können mitdiskutieren.
Du must angemeldet sein um zu antworten
Explore the field of applied linguistics through real-world case studies
This online course introduces the field of applied linguistics and how it relates to disciplines including linguistics and language teaching.
You’ll explore real-world examples of applied linguistics, such as forensic linguistics and language assessment. You’ll look at the field’s impact on important issues - for example, reducing gender bias in language use and simplifying legal language.
You’ll find out what applied linguists do through a series of case studies. Specialists will work through problems and show you applied linguistic research methods to solve them.
This course is designed for:
- anyone interested in linguistics and language teaching, and thinking of a career in these fields
- people considering a postgraduate degree in applied linguistics or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- professionals already working in applied linguistics or related fields, who want an update on current thinking and practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of the key areas of applied linguistics and how these can be related to language teaching and learning.,Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of applied linguistics, including language structure, language acquisition and language use in relation to culture, society, communication. ,Explore the role of language within the broader field of communication, particularly in language teaching and learning.,Collect language data, organize it appropriately, and carry out initial linguistic analysis of that data.,Reflect on and value diverse perspectives on language use and language users in society. ,Contribute knowledgeably to discussions on contemporary linguistic issues in a multilingual society.
- This course is designed for: + anyone interested in linguistics and language teaching, and thinking of a career in these fields + people considering a postgraduate degree in applied linguistics or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) + professionals already working in applied linguistics or related fields, who want an update on current thinking and practice.