Prepare for Career Success at University
Hier kannst du der Eggheads Community deine Fragen zu diesem Kurs stellen. Auch Kursleiter können mitdiskutieren.
Du must angemeldet sein um zu antworten
Choosing the right degree and university may feel daunting enough, without worrying about what you’re going to do after graduation. But with the graduate job market becoming increasingly competitive, it’s vital to start thinking about your long-term career and employability now.
This free online course will show you how to make the most of the time you’ll spend in higher education, with the ultimate aim of improving your prospects when you graduate.
Use higher education to develop your skills and experience
Over three weeks, you will:
- increase your own awareness of your skills, values and interests;
- understand the importance of employability skills and experience in your graduate job hunt;
- understand how you can best use higher education to develop these skills and experience;
- and formulate a skills development action plan.
Learn with Goldsmiths Careers Consultants
You will learn with Vanessa Freeman, Deputy Head and PhD Consultant with the Careers Service at Goldsmiths, University of London and Helen Kempster from the Careers group.
What you learn through the course will ensure that you’re well-prepared both for your transition into university and your future career.
This course is primarily designed for 16 to 18 year olds who are considering entering university. It is also suitable for anyone who is thinking about entering higher education or making a career change in the near future.
- Improve self-awareness in terms of recognising skills, values and interests.,Discuss the importance of employability skills in the graduate labour market.,Explain how higher education can develop employability skills.,Reflect on how best to use higher education to develop skills and experience.,Produce a skills development action plan.
- This course is primarily designed for 16 to 18 year olds who are considering entering university. It is also suitable for anyone who is thinking about entering higher education or making a career change in the near future.